I've said this a million times, but the main reason I blog is so my future kids will know that I was their age once and that I actually had experiences they might want to know about. This post isn't about experiences it's purely for their enjoyment and my enjoyment 20 years down the road when I'm crying about being 40. After that explanation, here are 20 things about me at 20.
1. I love to try and bake/make new things. This is all because of Pinterest, but hey, I can't complain about trying new recipes.
2. I eat a LOT of celery. It's an easy snack I can take with me to class.
3. I still love Diet Coke. I don't see this going away any time soon, so this will most likely be the same 20 years from now.
4. I've grown out of my love for heels (though I still wear them sometimes), I wear mostly flats. Let's be honest, they are most comfortable.
5. I HATE blow-drying my hair. It's 10 minutes of wasted time and it makes my arms hurt.
6. I have discovered that my hair does curl after 19 years of thinking that it didn't. Thank you roommates for bringing me to the love of a curling iron.
7. I love to read. My Kindle has brought me so much happiness. I can't fall asleep at night without reading at least a little bit in the latest book.
8. I call my mom practically every single day. The older I get, the smarter she becomes. Plus, she keeps me from having melt downs or talks me through them.
9. I need at least 7 hours of sleep to be a functioning member of society the next day. My roommates will testify to this (I can be a little grumpy..oops).
10. I have an hour a day where I don't do anything. This is MY time. I don't do work, I don't do school, I don't worry about anything. I normally spend this time catching up on my latest TV show addiction or browsing Pinterest.
11. I will complain about walking up the stairs by the duck pond every single day to campus. These stairs basically kill me each time. I don't make it up them without a motivational song playing through my earphones and I have a silent victory in my head when I reach the top (seriously, if you ever see me at the top you'll see the look of relief in my eyes).
12. I have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. I always have. I always will.
13. Target is still a place I can always find happiness. I think this comes from growing up with my mother who loves Target and shopping there was always so much fun.
14. I drink a LOT of water. Without it my poor Florida skin would dry up like a prune.
15. School basically consumes my life. I only have to make it until April 2015 and I will be finished. Hang in there, Shelby.
16. I currently work for the Provo School District as an aide for the Provo eSchool.
17. I like to paint my nails. Although, I pick them off when I'm bored in class.
18. I love love LOVE Giraffes! I am that lame college kid who has stuffed giraffes in front of her pillows on her bed.
19. I LOVE watching The Office. I don't know why I have gone this long without watching all the seasons. It makes me so happy.
20. I happen to ALWAYS be missing one shoe (My roommate helped me come up with this one because she knows). I don't know how my apartment can be so tiny and I still manage to lose one shoe. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I am always climbing under my bed and throwing things around each morning to try and locate the missing half. I don't understand.
I know there are many more things I could add to this list but when you're trying to type them out it tends to be harder than I thought it would be. I am no longer a teenager. This blows my mind every time I think about it. In 20 more years I'll be 40 and I don't even want to think about that right now either. The past 20 years of my life have been exceptional and I can't wait to see what the next 20 years holds for this little gal. :)