Today has been a day where I have done a lot of reflecting on 2011. Yes, I know it's over now, but looking back I would have to say 2011 was one of the most memorable years of my life. Some of those memories were good like graduating from High School, spending my summer in Utah, falling in love, trying sushi, buying a leather jacket, starting college, and watching time fly by. Some of those memories are hard to talk about like losing my grandma, suffering from a terrible broken heart, watching my first job close down, and learning that life gets harder the older I seem to get. Last year was a year full of growing up, becoming tougher, finding that all my strength lies in Christ, learning to love myself, and forgiveness. As I reflected I found myself becoming sad and confused for some reason so I did what I normally do when life doesn't make sense and I turned on my laptop and started writing this. Goodbye, 2011. Hello, 2012. Now is the time where I make those resolutions I make every single year. Most of them I actually follow through on, so we shall see how I do this year.
1. Find myself willing and open to love more. The best way to love someone else is to love yourself FIRST.
2. Be a better person. I want to be a better person. I am striving to be a better person. This year I will not lose myself again. My happiness does not and will not come only from others.
3. Try something new. I am open to suggestions.
4. Strive for greatness in all that I do.
5. Don't let time stop you from doing those things and being with those you love. You can always make time for the important things in life.
6. I want to end with the most important. This year I will live a more Christ-like life. I will forgive, I will love, I will serve, and I will strive daily to bring myself closer to Christ.
To be honest, I am scared of 2012. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and at times I feel like that's a lot of pressure. I know I can do this. I know that you can do this. Today is YOUR day. You've got what it takes, now go out and win (: